Have you come across a movie scene or photos of Sydney Landscaping work that had a tropical pool at the back-drop that caught your attention and you wished you could install one? Yes, it happens! The pastoral look perfectly harmonized with the natural surroundings can be quite captivating. But then the thought of the entire affair being an expensive one or the slim chances of your backyard space might lead in delaying your plans. Think again! Rather than making presumptions, you can read the details and figure out the cost.
Pebble Pool Finishes
Pebble finishes are exposed aggregate finishes that give the pools a perfect pastoral or blue lagoon design. There is a huge assortment of textures and color combinations to choose from. Many people are unaware that skilled professionals or pool builders apply pebble finishes by hand, unlike other finishes where machines are used. After the pebble bottom application is completed on the pool, a water and muriatic acid concoction is used to powder wash the finish. The powder wash does the magic by removing all the unwanted concrete from the top layer to expose the beautiful colored pebbles, leaving the pool ravishing.
Pebble pool finishes are trendy for their two exclusive features- Durability and versatility.
- Unlike the traditional plaster pool surfaces, they are much tougher.
- They do not wear out, defying all possibilities of staining and engraving.
- In terms of thickness, a single pebble finish is equal to most of the classic plaster finishes. The pool finish becomes rigid and thick with a pebbled bottom as several solid stone layers are bound with tinted/white plaster.
- They are thicker and last for an extended period. The longevity strikingly works in saving huge maintenance expenses in the future that people often forget to calculate when opting for another type of pool design.
- Color: Pebble finishes are available in a wide variety of colors. The colors are designed to be stable and reliable. Furthermore, you can easily color-match the spot if you need a spot fix.
- Texture: The pebble texture is designed with brilliance to give pools a natural finish. Each and every pebble has a glossy and refined texture that increases the overall effect. They are very comfortable on their hands and feet.
- Stone sizes: They come in different shapes and sizes. Any suitable shape or stone size can be availed depending on the requirement.
- Stone material: Stone is mainly made up of river pebbles, making it chemically inert. Thus, there is no chance that they would react with the swimming pool’s water or other chemicals. This is the reason behind the pebble-bottom finish’s resistance to any form of attack, which assists them in maintaining their excellent luster through time.
The pebbled-bottom finish and the mini-pebble surfaces have been a hit, for they blend superbly with any pool contour or spa design.